Suzhou North America High School
suzhou Jiangsu, China
Number to Recruit
Job Reference Code
Suzhou North America High School was co-founded by the Suzhou Wuzhong Group and North Carolina State University in September 2013. SNA accepts both Chinese citizens and non-Chinese citizens.
Suzhou North America High School (SNA) was established in 2013. SNA is the first and only international high school developed in partnership with America that has been recognized and approved by the provincial Ministry of Education. This institute was established with the goal of providing students with the opportunity to attend an authentic international school to develop their global perspective. SNA is actively building relationships with educational institutes around the world to reach this goal.
SNA’s current partnerships include North Carolina State University, the William & Ida Friday Institute for Educational Innovation, and Wake STEM Early College High School in Raleigh, North Carolina. These partner institutions collaborate with SNA on curriculum design, student clubs and activities, student and teacher exchange opportunities and teacher training and professional development.
SNA’s partner at NC State University’s Friday Institute designed the school’s curriculum to meet the needs of the students and teachers at SNA. The course framework provides the instructional foundations on which teachers and students co-create learning experiences in order for our students to be prepared for matriculation at the world’s top universities. The curriculum specifically targets the development of student’s critical and analytical thinking and their English language speaking, listening, reading and writing skills. SNA seeks to combine the best of Chinese and American educational practices in order for our students to become global leaders and lifelong learners.
The curriculum established by SNA is the same as the one used in American schools.
Because of current restrictions, we are ONLY considering candidates who are already in China and have all necessary documents for a work permit application.
Looking for a change?
Teach Chinese middle school students (K7-9), or high school students (K10-12) preparing to go to university in the USA!
Polish your skills and learn new ones!
Work on a state-of-the-art campus offering all modern facilities and more!
Currently available positions: English Language Arts, Music/Music Production, STEM, History, AP Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics
1. Work Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Free at weekends).
2. Teach up to 25 periods per week. A period is 45 minutes.
3. Be professional + consistent with the school's mission and values
4. Capable of working in a team
5. Responsible of the development of related subject/program (teaching materials and plan)
6. Up to two supervision duties per week, in the evening (6:30-9:00 PM). (Usually one only.)
7. Teach up to 25 students (max) classes
8. Any other related duties assigned by the school
1. 59 year old maximum (no work permit for B category if above 60 y.o)
2. Bachelors degree or above in the subject you apply for or related subject
3. 2 years+ of FULL TIME teaching in the subject you apply for or related subject + employment verification letter(s)
4. Teaching License is a plus
5. Experience with AP programs is a plus
6. Classroom management and professional teaching skills
1. On-campus accommodation
2. Visa Assistance (Work Permit + Residence Permit) (reimbursement up to CNY 3,000)
3. Weekly Chinese Lessons
4. Flight to China Reimbursed (up to CNY 9,000)
5. Annual flight allowance (up to CNY 12,000)
6. Private insurance
7. Annual Performance based bonus (from 70% to 130% of monthly salary)
8. AP Training + P.D
9. Salary range is 15K to 30K CNY, tbd depending on experience and qualifications.