Number to Recruit
Job Reference Code
SinaLingua is a Cross-Cultural Training and International Business Consulting Company with offices in Germany and China. We provide cross-cultural training for private enterprises as well as public, private and vocational primary schools in China. Thanks to our company’s rapid growth, we are now providing training to more than 40.000 students at over 30 schools located in 6 different districts in Shanghai municipality.
During the course of globalization, the city of Shanghai introduced “Cross-Cultural Awareness” as a lesson in the class curriculum for the 1th - 7th grade school children. Our “Cross-Cultural Awareness” (CCA) course is designed to help 1th - 7th grade students become aware of differences and similarities across cultures worldwide. Through a wide variety of creative and interactive teaching methods, we teach these students about cultural diversity around the globe with a focus on Asian and Western countries. Our task is not only to raise student’s awareness and knowledge of comfortableness with cross-cultural issues but also let them understand why and how to act and behave in certain situations. As a result, we are currently looking for a teacher for cross-cultural program in Shanghai.
Your main tasks and responsibilities:
- Conducting no more than 22 CCA teaching lessons (35mins per lesson) per week in
Shanghai schools for about 7 to 13-year old Chinese students
- Close collaboration with our experienced team
- Further development of actual Cross-Cultural Awareness teaching material.
- Further development of your ideas on content, topics, media, events, test, etc.
Your profile - Mandatory
- Fluent in English, no accent
- Conversational Putonghua - standard Chinese is a strong plus - Working Experiences
- Academic Degree
- Experience in teaching 7-15year old children, preferably in Asia - Able to start latest in the mid of August 2020.
Your profile - Preferable
- Degree in education, further certificates
- Experienced in China and in other than the native country - Background in Chinese Studies, interest in Chinese culture - Willing to relocate and work in Shanghai for at least one year - Interest in cross-cultural topics.
Your benefits - What we offer
- Working visa
- Job familiarization and on-the-job training - Full or part time
- A competitive salary between 12k – 20k/month plus bonus at the end of each semester according to the results obtained - before tax
- Chinese national holidays and 20 days of paid holidays per year - Practical experiences and knowledge working with one of the market leaders on Cross- Cultural Trainings & Education in Germany and China – SinaLingua - Getting to know China, Chinese culture and China’s education system from unusual and new perspective
- The opportunity of carrying out high level creative and independent work in a comfortable
working environment within a committed team.